Thank you to Morningside Drive and to Will and Janet Ray for hosting our annual Bel Air Fall Block party! What a beautiful day to mingle with neighbors, old and new, and to share in our collective love of Rich DeMarco’s smoked ribs! Congrats on winning the rib contest, Rich, and thank you to the other contestants for their entries!
Next on the event agenda is the Bel Air Neighborhood Garage Sale which is scheduled for Saturday, November 7th. Would you like to participate? Please let me know by Monday, October 26th so we can determine neighborhood interest and place an Orlando Sentinel ad!
Bel Air Social Chair
Post by Andrew Hoyle:
The weeks marked in Maroon/Red are our pick up dates on THURSDAY. This calendar will help you determine when your curbside recycling cart will be picked up. Match the color of your cart (teal or burgundy) to the color coded dates above and simply leave your cart out before 6am on that day for collection. Questions? Please call 407.246.2314 or visitcityoforlando.net/solidwaste
Post by Cristina Calvet-Harrold:
Spotted this little kitten crossing 436 last night after midnight while Bryan and I were driving home. How it didn’t get run over is a miracle. We bought some cat food on the way home and fed her and gave her water through a little dropper type thing I have for the dogs medicine. We think it’s a she and named her Sam. Trying to find her a home now, and we need to find her one soon. I’m highly allergic to cats so we can’t keep her. Does anyone want this sweet little thing?
From the desk of Jennifer Beaird:
We are all proud of our Bel Air Community and we want to welcome all of our NEW residents who join us here! A Bel Air Welcome Committee has been formed and we are putting together Welcome Gift Baskets filled with helpful items for them such as:
· Welcome Card/Letter
· Bel Air directory with listing of Bel Air committees/Board and Bel Air activities
· Information on city services like garbage/recycling
· Neighborhood watch info
· Coupons to local businesses like restaurants/services, and a plant/baked goods item. )
We need YOUR help in two ways:
1. We need YOUR help in identifying the NEW residents as they move in! If you see new residents moving in, please contact us so we can present them with a Welcome Gift Basket. You can post the new resident address on the Bel Air Facebook Page or send an email to Sheila Cooper at Sheilajax@aol.com or Jennifer Beaird at email@example.com.
2. We are looking for any families/businesses who might be willing to sponsor the Welcome Gift Baskets. For $20 we can include a copy of your business card on the Welcome Card/Letter that is included in the Welcome Gift Basket. So, if you have a business or your family/children provide a neighborhood service ( i.e. babysitting, dog walking, house sitting, yard work) and you’d like to be included in the Gift Basket, please email us at the above addresses and let us know. What a great way to introduce your services to the NEW residents!
Also, please remember to stop by and personally say “Hi” to our NEW Bel Air Residents – it’s the friendly touch of our neighborhood that makes it AMAZING!
Posted by Thomas Allen:
Are Sidewalks Coming to Bel Air?
PROPOSED SIDEWALKS MAPS